Sunday, April 24, 2011

Francis Chan speakin the truth.

Supposedly Francis Chan was at the Pacific Amphitheatre this weekend speaking at services.  I was bummed I wasn't able to make it because he is absolutely one of my favorite speakers.  Its his courage to just tell things how it is without sugar coating it.  Whenever I listen to him speak I feel such a strong conviction, a conviction about trying to live life comfortably on cruise control.  I know that naturally I always feel the world pulling on me away from God.  As Chan says in one of his books "The Christian walk is like running up the down escalator ; if you stop striving and running towards Christ, you go backwards.  I wish this were not true.  After all these years, I wish it all just happened “naturally” but this has been my experience too.  I guess we get a rest in heaven."  Not to say that we achieve salvation if we get to the top of the escalator, the bible clearly says we are saved by grace and grace alone, I understand this.  But I do know that when I am not intentionally meditating, reading the word, and spending time in relationship with Christ I am drawn to the worldly things that combat for my attention.  This went on as a rant, but I really just wanted to show you this awesome video, no matter what, this video always has the ability to put things back into perspective for me.  Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment